Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a great Christmas, and a Happy New Year! It was a much needed time of rest and recuperating for us, and a nice break from a tough last semester for me!
I am working on getting a support team together for the run, my ideal plan is a 3man team to rotate driving and crewing for me. and of course anyone wanting to join me, and run along the route are welcome! I have sent out many many letters to RV companies to see if anyone is willing to donate an RV for the summer. This will make lodging for myself and team much easier, and will provide much needed support along the way. Please pray that this will work out and I would get some positive feedback on that issue this week.
I am also sending out dozens of letters to Large and small businesses looking for sponsors and supporters. I am very appreciative to all the individuals who have donated via the PayPal account linked with this blog! thank you!! I am also hoping to get a number of corporate sponsors on board soon.(all ideas concerning this are greatly appreciated and welcomed!!=) I am getting really excited now and looking forward to plans progressing over the next few months. My training schedule has picked up in intensity over the Christmas break, I've been running 100+ miles weekly. Once school starts back again that will be cut down to approximately 50-80 miles a week.
We have had great weather here for some long runs lately, It's not often you can run outside in shorts in January in NY! Here's hoping it continues!

4 comments:

  1. Hey,Sean nice job running :) you can do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many miles you running in total :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All together I will run 3360 miles!! I like to look at the daily totals rather than the overall number. That way it doesn't seem so far!!!

    ReplyDelete