Monday, January 30, 2012

Oasis

I had my first ski session of the year with Oasis last Monday,What a great day, we had just enough snow to ski! I'll upload some pics soon from the work that Oasis is doing throughout the winter with Veterans. It's such a great program for Disabled Veterans to be able to SKi and participate in outdoor activities in spite of some the obstacles of their disabilities, Oasis has such a great support team, and great instructors, the whole experience is awesome, I'm so glad I am able to give back to this great organization! For many Veterans with physical disabilities or with the restraints of a brain injury and PTSD the thought of skiing again just would never cross their minds. But Oasis makes it all possible, I don't think these guys know the meaning of the word "Cant" they have a broad range of adaptive equipment, and caring understanding instructors ready to take on any challenge!
Visit their website to learn more about their programs for Veterans, It is my hope that donations received from my run across America this summer will surpass my expectations, and help Oasis change and improve more Veterans lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment