Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A New Challenge!!

Well I like a challenge so this is really testing me!! I went to the Emergency room in Madras to get my right leg checked out because the pain was pretty bad. I thought it would just be shin splints but it turns out that after an x-ray I have a stress fracture of my Fibula. So the Doc said I cant run for a couple of weeks. I was pretty upset but immediately started to think of my options. I have decided  to bike for a couple of weeks as it doesn't hurt when i am riding. I wanted to keep the integrity of a cross country journey by my own strength and without vehicular assistance in place so I think this is the next best thing to running!. I think biking over the next couple of weeks will be a challenge but the good news is I will be able to make up the miles and get back on track with my schedule. Please pray that this will work out and that I will be back to running soon. Even with the problems I am really enjoying the journey and having a great time seeing some amazing places with Donna and the kids.
Thanks for all the encouragement and prayers.

6 comments:

  1. Get better quick. way to stay motivated! - Lettieri

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been thinking and praying for you and will continue to do so! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That F*ckin blows bro. Instead of biking, you could put on some roller blades and have the RV drag you. That would be entertaining for the whole family but make sure to wear a helmet for obious safety reasons.

    Heal up Sean and get back to running soon.
    H-Man

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kwiatkowskis are praying for your fast healing! Find out how much calcium and other minerals you should take to get that bone sealed back up. There are foods like citrus which help you absorb calcium better. You might need an xtra boost right now. Biking is a phenomenal idea! Way to go! Do you have a good bike?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the fracture Sean, but I'm glad you got diagnosed, and didn't continue to try to run.
    Hopefully, the bike will work out, but no matter what, we are very proud of you!
    Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're an inspiration!!!! We'll keep you and the family in our prayers!!
    The Curtis Family

    ReplyDelete