Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wow it is hot here in Wyoming! Last night we stayed in Riverton, and it was in the high 90s all day yesterday. I'm doing my best to stay hydrated and cool, the smoke haze from the wildfires was blocking out the sun for awhile so that helped!
Thursday I came across a group of 3 guys cycling across country to raise money for cancer research, check them out on Facebook _ Transamerica tour 2012
They are a dedicated group, and were very generous. They looked at my Walmart bike, and informed me that it was a "peice of crap" and I was probably using more energy moving it through the Rockies, then was neccessary! Stephen Steele woke me up on friday morning and told me to bring my bike over to thier campsite. When I got over there they told me I could borrow thier spare bike for the rest of my journey and also gave me some gear and extra things I would need. Subsequentley yesterday was the best ride so far and I think I am now officially hooked on biking!! The bike is great, The ride was much smoother yesterday, and even though it will reach 100 today I am looking forward to the 70 miles!





Yes that is a large Jackalope behind me!




WE have stopped at some sights a long the way, it was fascinating driving through Craters of the moon national park, and we all really enjoyed driving through the Tetons, and taking lots of pictures of the mountains!
We even managed to get a family picture!

And a family picture of the bears we saw.



Thanks for all the support and prayers! Keep them coming!

1 comment: