Friday, June 22, 2012

Well we are at a KOA in Arco Idaho tonight, we passed through Craters of the moon national monument today, It's a pretty crazy place, rolling green hills then suddenly huge rocky craters everywhere! It was pretty neat to see, I biked about 90 miles today, it felt good, and I wanted to try to get back on schedule.
My leg is feeling good, I was able to run with the Boise recruiting CO on Wednesday, we did 3 miles at Ann Morrison park, then I ran another 23 that afternoon. The next day my leg was stiff and sore though, so I think I will give it another week or two, but it did feel good running again, and it was great running with a Co of soldiers again, I learned some new Cadences, and joined in some old familiar ones! A big thank you to the Boise recruiting Company for letting me join you guys,and for your support! Especially to Mark Erwin, with Team RWB for setting it up, and Capt. Chris Collins for arranging everyting!





I'm gearing up for some pretty big mountain ranges the next week or so, I've been looking forward to running across the Rockies since I started planning this thing. As Donna was looking at the atlas today she found a road that goes around the Rockies, and questioned whether that would be the best route...absolutely not! I didn't come all this way to run around the rockies, we've got to go right through them! I'm sure some thoughts and prayers would be appreciated, especially for Donna!
I'll try to get some more pics on here soon, lots of beautiful places, and friendly people a long the way (for the most part) It's amazing how people here can cope without a walmart within a couple minutes driving distance, but it sure is a beautiful fascinating journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment