Friday, June 15, 2012

Well so far the bike riding is going well! It is a lot less pressure on my leg, but at the end of the day I am stiff and sore! Hopefully my leg will continue to heal, and I can be back to running in a few weeks! The past few days we have been going through lots of small towns, and remote areas.
\My route took me on a little detour off the highway, and onto NE Gosner rd. It was about 20 miles of treacherous, edge of the cliff dirt road kind of biking, and was probably even more terrifying for Donna driving the RV! At the end of it we were able to visit the painted hills, and that was beautiful! My next big stop will be Boise Idaho, I wil be running with some soldiers, and Team RWB atheletes, I am looking forward to it, and can't wait to meet some fellow runners! I will be in Boise on Wednesday the 20th.

Even though there have been some roadblocks, and curve balls we were not expecting, my reasons for doing this are driving me on. Giving up is not an option for me. I have a lot of buddy's who don't have this choice, a lot of guys I know came home from war with scars that prohibit them from running, biking, even walking. And a lot of good friends who never made it home. These guys are on my mind every day.
I am hoping to raise a good amount of money for my charities, these are groups of people reaching out, and trying their best to provide a better quality of life for Veterans and Soldiers. So keep the donations coming! and I'll do my best to continue moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment